The scorching rays of the sun can take a toll not only on your skin but also on your hair. While we diligently slather on sunscreen to shield our skin from harmful UV rays, our hair often gets neglected. But fear not! In this blog post, we’ll explore the importance of using sunscreen for your hair and how to protect your locks from UV damage.
Just like your skin, your hair is vulnerable to the damaging effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation. Prolonged exposure to the sun can lead to dryness, brittleness, split ends, and faded colour. UV rays can also break down the proteins in your hair, leaving it weak and prone to damage. Sunscreen for your hair acts as a protective barrier, preventing these negative effects and keeping your locks healthy and vibrant.
When it comes to choosing a sunscreen for your hair, not all products are created equal. Please be sure to look for hair care products specifically formulated with UV protection. These can come in sprays, serums, or leave-in conditioners. Opt for products that provide broad-spectrum protection to shield your hair from both UVA and UVB rays.
How to Apply Hair Sunscreen:
Applying sunscreen to your hair is a simple yet crucial step in your sun protection routine. Here’s a quick guide:
- Spray or Apply Evenly: Depending on the product you choose, either spray or apply the sunscreen evenly throughout your hair. Make sure to cover all strands, especially if you have longer hair.
- Focus on Ends and Scalp: Pay extra attention to the ends of your hair, as they tend to be more susceptible to damage. Additionally, if you’ll be spending extended periods in the sun, consider applying sunscreen to your scalp for added protection.
- Reapply as Needed: Just like with skin sunscreen, it’s essential to reapply hair sunscreen, especially after swimming or sweating. This ensures continuous protection throughout the day.
Keratin, a protein naturally found in hair, plays a crucial role in maintaining its strength and elasticity. By applying a DIY keratin treatment, you can replenish and reinforce the hair’s natural keratin, creating a protective barrier against sun damage.
Additional Tips for Hair Sun Protection:
Wear a Hat
If possible, complement your hair sunscreen with a stylish hat for added protection. This not only shields your hair but also provides extra shade for your face and neck.
Limit Sun Exposure
Consider adjusting your outdoor activities to avoid peak sun hours when UV rays are the strongest. This simple precaution can significantly reduce the risk of sun damage to your hair.
Hydrate Your Hair
Keep your hair hydrated by using moisturizing shampoos and conditioners. Hydrated hair is more resilient against the drying effects of the sun.
Our keratin treatments act as a shield for your hair, bonding a protective layer that fights off UV rays, wind, and all sorts of weather craziness. Embrace the Aussie climate to the fullest—our treatments have your back, or should we say, your hair!
- Natural Sun Protection
- DIY keratin treatments provide a natural barrier against harmful UV rays, preventing sun damage and maintaining hair health.
2. Frizz Control
- Keratin smoothens the hair cuticle, reducing frizz and leaving your hair silky and manageable.
3. Improved Elasticity
- The proteins in DIY keratin treatments enhance hair elasticity, reducing the risk of breakage and split ends.
Get your DIY keratin treatment online now and enjoy a streamlined hair routine with gorgeous results!